End of Summer HVAC Maintenance
Professional HVAC Maintenance Checklist
It’s hard to believe that summer is beginning to wind down. Your air conditioning system has worked hard throughout the hot summer months to keep you cool and comfortable, now is your chance to repay the favor to ensure it operates efficiently for years to come.
Taking care of your cooling system now is an important part of making sure you get the most energy efficient operation as well as years of dependable service. Following this end of season HVAC maintenance checklist will help to ensure that your air conditioner will be ready for next year.
- Check for Abnormal Odors or Sounds. Inspect both the inside and the outside of the HVAC system for any unusual smells or sounds. Abnormal odors or rattling sounds may be a sign of a potential leak.
- Inspect Drains, Nozzles, and Tubing. Check for leaks, drips, and condensation to discourage mildew from forming.
- Inspect Fan Blades. Inspect the fan blades for corrosion or excessive wear. If needed, our HVAC maintenance technicians can apply a simple lubricant for proper maintenance.
- Clean Up. During the summer you may have noticed brush, trees, and weeds growing near your unit. You should trim any foliage that is growing too close. Clean up and clear away anything that might be a potential fire hazard. This includes dirt and leaves. Leaves attract bugs and ants that can easily get inside your HVAC system and cause problems. Keep the area around your unit free of any obstruction that might interfere with the operation of your system.
- Replace Your Air Filter. Change your HVAC air filter frequently. With this, your A/C unit will run more efficiently, decreasing your cooling costs, and minimize maintenance problems down the road.
Contact Horizon Services
With over 20 years of service experience, we have helped thousands of homeowners in the Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania, South New Jersey, and Northeastern Maryland areas with their plumbing, heating, and air conditioning needs. Think your gas or electric furnace needs a tune-up, contact Horizon Services today.