HEAT PUMP REPAIR SERVICE
Residential Heat Pump Services – Available 24/7
When your home’s heat pump starts giving you trouble, turn to the trained and experienced team at Horizon Services. We proudly offer comprehensive heat pump services for homeowners throughout the Delaware, Southern New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, and Northeastern Maryland areas. To call for heat pump repairs near you, check out our locations. We have nearly 30 years of experience in the industry and can handle any heating repairs your home may require.
Whether you are dealing with an old, worn-out heat pump, reduced efficiency, or a system that simply won’t turn on, our service technicians can:
- quickly identify the source of the problem
- carry out the necessary repairs, and,
- get your home’s heating back up and running.
Signs Your Heat Pump Needs Repairs
While heat pumps are one of the most efficient and cost-effective heating solutions for your home, normal wear and tear and use over time can lead to breakdowns and system failures. While some issues may seem like minor annoyances, they can actually be indicators of serious underlying problems. If you notice any problems with your heat pump, it’s always best to enlist the assistance of a trained professional who can resolve seemingly small issues before they develop into larger problems that require a full heat pump replacement.
Some common signs that you need heat pump repairs include:
- Old age – A heat pump that is 12 years old or more will likely not work as well as it once did. If your heat pump has not been replaced in some time, you may need to schedule repairs.
- Loud noises – Strange, loud noises can be indicators of serious problems with your heat pump. If your system is making groaning, rattling, or clanking noises, call a professional for repairs.
- Inefficiency – When heat pumps start to wear out, they often fail to adequately heat your home. If you’ve noticed a lowered level of efficiency with your heating system, it might be time to schedule repairs.
- Frequent cycling – There are a number of causes that can lead to rapid cycling (a heat pump that shuts on and off fairly quickly). You may have a malfunctioning thermostat or dirt that may be restricting airflow. Call an expert for repairs.
- Increased utility bills – Unexplained increases on your energy bills can indicate a problem with your heat pump. Typically, when this occurs, it means that the system is no longer operating at optimal efficiency and repairs must be made.
We Get the Job Done Right the First Time
At Horizon Services, your comfort is important to us. When you call on us for heat pump repair services, our technicians will arrive on time, ready to get to work. We treat you and your property with respect, wearing shoe coverings and laying out drop cloths to protect your home. We rely on the most advanced, state-of-the-art equipment in order to provide you with superior heating repair services.
Updates to the Regional HVAC Equipment Efficiency and Testing Standards
Effective January 1, 2023, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) will update its efficiency and testing standards for residential and commercial HVAC equipment. All regulatory changes will differ by product type and region. Since the updated standards will result in price increases across all HVAC contractors, now is the time to buy the equipment you need for your home or business.
The minimum efficiency standards for residential and commercial air conditioners and heat pumps manufactured after January 1, 2023, will increase. This change will increase production efficiency and national energy savings while decreasing national energy consumption.
Northern U.S. & Canada
All split-system air conditioners, split-system heat pumps, and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2023, must meet the updated standards. However, split-system air conditioners, split-system heat pumps, and packaged units manufactured before January 1, 2023, can be installed indefinitely. The efficiency rating for air conditioners will increase from 13 SEER to 15 SEER in these regions.
Split-system air conditioners manufactured before January 1, 2023, can’t be installed once the updated standards take effect. All installations of products that don’t meet the new standards must be completed by December 31, 2022. However, split-system heat pumps, single-packaged air conditioners, and single-packaged heat pumps manufactured after January 1, 2023, can be installed indefinitely. The efficiency rating for air conditioners will increase from 14 SEER to 15 SEER in both the Southwest and Southeast regions.
In addition to higher minimum efficiency standards, the M1 testing procedures used for residential and 3 to 5-ton light commercial, single-phase equipment manufactured on or after January 1, 2023, will increase. This change will produce more accurate SEER, EER, and HSPF efficiency ratings. Manufacturers will be required to re-test equipment using the new M1 Standard requirements as well as publish equipment efficiency ratings using the new efficiency metrics of SEER2, EER2, and HSPF2.
Call us at 1-800-642-4419 for fast, reliable emergency Heating services! Find your local Horizon today for fast, reliable emergency Heating services in your area!